The Parently Group (David Luke) is committed to trading relationships which are both commercially and ethically viable. We are members of the Ethical Trading Initiative and only operate with suppliers, manufacturers and sub-contractors who share the same values as us and comply with the ETI base code.
This policy sets out the minimum labour standards that we expect our suppliers to comply with:
No Child Labour
- Our factories employ workers who meet the applicable minimum legal age requirement or are at least 16 years of age, whichever is greater.
- They must comply with all other applicable child labour laws.
- They are encouraged to develop lawful workplace apprenticeship programmes for the educational benefit of their workers, provided that all participants meet both David Luke’s minimum age standard of 16 and the minimum legal age requirement.
Our factories employ workers on the basis of their ability to do the job, not on the basis of their personal characteristics or beliefs.
- Employ workers without regard to race, colour, gender, nationality, religion, age, maternity and marital status.
- Pay workers wages & provide benefits without regard to race, colour, gender, nationality, religion, age, maternity and marital status.
Wages & Hours
Our factories shall set working hours, wages and overtime pay in compliance with all applicable laws…
- Workers shall be paid at least the minimum legal wage or a wage that meets the local industry standards, whichever is greater.
- While it is understood that overtime is often required in garment and accessory production, factories shall carry out operations in ways to limit overtime to a level that ensures humane and productive working conditions.
Our factories do not use any prison, indentured or forced labour. Our factories…
- Do not use involuntary labour of any kind including prison labour, debt bondage or forced labour by governments.
- If they recruit foreign contract worked, the factory pays agency recruitment commissions and do not require any work to remain in employment for an period of time against their will.
Our factories must treat all workers with respect, dignity & provide them a safe and healthy environment. Our factories shall...
- Comply with all applicable laws & regulations regarding working conditions.
- Not use corporal punishment or any other form of physical or psychological force.
Our factories must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations. They must have...
- An environmental management or system plan.
- Procedures for notifying local community authorities in case of accidental discharge or release or any other environmental emergency.
Our Factories Must Be:
Sufficiently lighted and ventilated, aisles accessible, machinery maintained, and hazardous materials sensibly stored and disposed of.
- Homes provided must be clean and safe. Our factory in Bangladesh is signed up to the ‘Bangladesh Safety Accord’.
The Parently Group (David Luke) is committed to applying the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in its business activities in the UK and overseas. Every employee and individual acting on David Luke’s behalf is responsible for maintaining our reputation and for conducting company business honestly and professionally. No employee or associated person shall seek a financial or other advantage for the company through bribery. No employee or associated person shall offer, promise, give, request, agree to receive or accept a bribe for any purpose. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate. Bribery and fraud by any Parently Group (David Luke) employee or supplier will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence resulting in dismissal and/or legal action.
The Parently Group
The Parently Group Ethical Policy Version 1.0 (09.02.23)